Additional Information

For more information visit the WEB PAGE or click on the LINKS tab located to the right for additional resources. I am not a trainer, therapist, dietitian or farrier, but am a horse enthusiast, student and new horse owner with little to no experience learning as I go and this is my way of documenting shared information.


Tuesday 21 May 2013

Hay ~ Types and Qualities



Types and Qualities of Hay. Found a great link that explains the differences between types of hay and the quality ~ such as when it's harvested, how to match up the quality of hay to the horse you are feed:

for example: early harvested hay is better suited for growing horses, lactating mares, or horses that don't have a concern of putting on extra weight.

Alfalfa the's highest quality (protein) hay, I'm still looking into Brome and others mixes, grasses.

here is the helpful link: My Horse University ~ Resources (Hay)

Here's another resource PDF Document found online regarding nutritional factors: jn.nutrition.org

I also listed an ad on Kijiji

No comments:

Post a Comment