Additional Information

For more information visit the WEB PAGE or click on the LINKS tab located to the right for additional resources. I am not a trainer, therapist, dietitian or farrier, but am a horse enthusiast, student and new horse owner with little to no experience learning as I go and this is my way of documenting shared information.


Sunday 2 December 2012

Saturday's training session

Saturday's training with Ella went really well. Worked with lowering her head for the bridal. The bit didn't seem to bother that much at all and usual one hour session was extended to two hours.

Did some lunging and ground work in relation to effective communication in the saddle or when mounted. I can certainly see her confidence growing.

When Robyn (trainer) is working with her I see how willing she is and how much potential she has - then when practicing my homework with her prior to the lesson ending I realizing how much I have to learn as Robyn makes it look so easy.

I have to focus on my timing and make sure I am communicating with her properly and not sending mixed messages.

After Ella's training session I brought Eli in for some lunging - stretch out his legs and get some circulation going. When that was done I took off his halter and let him run around. Just after putting his halter back on he indicated that he wasn't quite done so before attaching the lead I gig z clip of him being a bit spunky, I will include that as well.

After training and lessons and some time cooling down they get their feed as a reward back in their paddocks. And plenty of fresh hay.



Eli having fun running around in the Arena


Eli Following me in between the posts without a lead 








ELLA 






Ella Trot and Canter 

No comments:

Post a Comment